1. Dogs can be taught anything, either to talk or solve crime. Same thing.
2. People of all different stereotypes can hang out.
3. Apparently if you solve crime, you don’t need school or money.
4. Relatives will always pay for your vacations.
5. There is always a mystery to be solved. Always.
6. Dogs are not just pets. They are friends, the greatest of friends.
7. It’s never too late to eat. You’re gonna be running away fro monsters later anyway.
8. Always do things because it’s the right thing to do. I mean Scooby and the gang never asked for money or anything in return.
9. Your friends will always have your back even if their plans involve you being live bait.
10. Your friends will always come to your rescue even if they are absolutely terrified of everything.
11. You can actually go a really really long time without there being any chemistry between you and a guy, vice versa.
12. It’s always okay to meddle.
13. No one will question you if you go cross country with a few of your friends and a dog in a tricked out van.
14. You can be brave but dorky like Fred.
15. Just because you care about how you look and what you wear but that doesn’t mean you aren’t witty and quick on your feet like Daphne.
16. Being smart isn’t just about being book smart like Velma. Also being sassy will always make you a favorite.
17. Never lose your appetite, it might save you some day like Shaggy.
18. It’s okay to be scared but don’t let it stop you from doing what’s right.
19. There are no such things are monsters.
20. The real monsters are humans.
People can judge me all they want for still loving and being obsessed with Scooby Doo but it’s because of this great dane and those four kids that I learned some of the greatest lessons in my life. Also it has always kept my dream of being a crime solver alive. I mean if a bunch of teenagers and a dog can do it, I think I can too.
Also if you were wondering, as much as I love the classic Scooby Doo, I think my favorite of the series is What’s New, Scooby Doo? Seriously self-aware characters and Velma being super sassy is like the best thing.